Wednesday 6 February 2013

A BIG thank you! My friends...

From left to right is the raised flood-bank along Cedar Creek - a tranquil walk 
It has come to my attention, that I have to say a very big thank you to my friends - those folks out there in the 'interwebs', who have taken the time out of there busy lives to visit my blog - read my 'ranting' sometimes 'random' posts, but thinking about my story enough to stop and leave their comments.  It really makes a massive, positive difference to me!  


So, thank you folks;

+Priscilla Hedlin ; +Kevin Weilacher ; +thillai raj ; +The Onion ; +Optimistic Existentialist ; +Cheri Interman ; +Chronic Pain Queensland ; +Todd Tarno ; +Tú Phạm ; +Jaclyn Allmon; +Lew Gray ; +ATLAS Experiment ; +Richard Branson ; +Susan Kleinz ; +Jayne McCubbin ; +Akua Hope ; +Chronic Pain Queensland ; +Vicki Whitford ; +Kouto Yamamoto ; +Linda Egli ; +Leslie Samuel ; +Janice Nichols ; +Barbara H. ; +Barbara Alma ; +Ron Garan ; +CERN ; +Abdu'l-Hanif Al Shukri ;

I thought I might just show a glimpse of 'our' little Cedar Creek. It plays a part in my journey - in the background - trickling, flowing, bubbling along. She can be both serene and at times bad tempered. We love it...



A peaceful swimming-hole - our beautiful Cedar Creek

Sadly, due to the unforseen 'Monsoon' which visited upon us 2-weeks ago - and delivered howling winds and torrential rains - our beautiful Cedar Creek has been somewhat remodelled...









Cedar Creek, view of driveway -[gone!]- The raging torrent!


Cedar Creek Road Causeway - 16in' /400mm water over road. Eventually - the Creek swelled to approx. 40in'/1100mm over the road - and the signs went under!

However - I never lose my wonderment for 'Mother-Nature'. How she can be both tolerant and terrible - in the space of a day. But, out of all the maelstrom can come new growth, new beginnings, a fresh start. Wonderful...



The NEW Cedar Creek -  exposed, raw, ready for action - new swimming holes to explore!

A new log jam - so Cedar Creek picks another route! Rocks, rocks, everywhere!

1 comment: