This is a snippet I took-(c+p), from my; www.facebook.com/bloody.wishful.thinking - page. I did this reply to Dr.Graham Martin, he was asking for some comments from anyone "out-there" with a similar situation...
Musings of a Doddery olde Goat...
A Positive email to me from the Representative to the Federal Government, for the "..National Disability Insurance Scheme.."
The new Federal Parliament is up and running. I'm writing today to thank you for your ongoing support for our bipartisan approach. It means that our voices continue to be heard and respected by Government and Opposition alike.
106 MPs have backed the National Disability Insurance Scheme. You can see if your MP is on board at our updated MP gallery on our website.
A change of government always raises a lot of questions, and it's been great to see supporters raising questions on what happens now for the NDIS.
Here's the latest on what's happening right now:
- The NDIS has returned to its original name, and will no longer be known as DisabilityCare Australia.
- Launch sites in Tasmania, South Australia, the Hunter area in New South Wales and the Barwon area in Victoria are already supporting around 1,500 people with disability.
- Preparation is well underway in the ACT, Northern Territory and Western Australia for their launches which start in July 2014.
- The NDIS will begin in Queensland in 2016.
- Senator Mitch Fifield is responsible for NDIS implementation as Assistant Minister for Social Services. Senator Fifield has been a passionate supporter of the scheme since the beginning of our campaign.
The NDIS is a fundamental shift to a person-centred, national system that more than doubles the resources available for disability support. The transition will be complex and will take time. This is essentially to ensure we get the best possible scheme for every Australian in the future.
We have secured the NDIS, now we have to make sure it's implemented so it does what it was intended to do.
Thank you for your unfailing support.
John Della Bosca
and the Every Australian Counts campaign team
PS. We've updated our FAQs page so if you've asked us a specific question, chances are it's there.
Below is an email, which I sent to a rather prominent person in the 'interweb' of blogging, just a
few minutes ago. So I want to see if I'll get a reply? ...I just wanted to share this with you - I feel lucky!
My pain, is a drain on my brain! ...But, I will sustain my reign over my lame frame, to seize the day! ...While, asleep I play in my dreams!
Ah-Ha the SECRET is out!!