Monday 12 March 2012

Unconditionally...

Our family is the best, most often the first point of support when we have a medical moment! What is it about our family, that intangible bond called on to bring you back-to-earth, when you have moments of selfishness? ..but still with support and love, unconditionally.

There are times when I think about my journey...the usual - Why me?...blah, blah,blah! It's always been my family to bring me back and put me in my place - stop being the victim! Ok  - my family's support of me is the main reason I've decided to do this blog.

I have been inspired by others too! My team of doctors, for one. But, my family is my true TEAM. They are there through the rough times and the better times. So I dedicate this blog to them; my wife, Jo; and my three sons; MG, JD, and TJ. I love you guys - unconditionally...

And a big thank you to my other support TEAM, Louise, Bernice, Jeanette at Spinal Injuries Association. You guys were the first to see me lose it when I was at last year's TM-Day event at SIA-HQ. For me to see others there with similar stories was a very raw moment for me, where I felt so much support from everyone in the room, unconditionally... 

No comments:

Post a Comment