Thursday 20 September 2012

The Things You Do...

I woke up this morning and felt some sharp, piercing, arching-pain - not in the 'usual-places'. More or less in 'the-middle'-right-side. It woke me - not unusual in that so much as I wake-on a pain impulse most always, anyhow. I had an appointment with my GP-(M.D), later on, so I'd ask about it then...
...It's all about the things you do - in the moment, when you least expect it, something comes from out of the blue - to wake you up! It happened for me when I was going over to fill-up my water-bottle from the tank. One small bump, and... just like that it was all over... snap; crackle; pop! After I got back up, I checked that I was (ok), I carried on - and picked myself up, dusted myself off and carried on!
Had I known then - what I know now, I would have made other decisions. Safer decisions - but the decisions we make are based on what we know now - 'in-the-moment'; and not-with the benefit of hindsight! And besides - I'm glad I carried on to finish what I started, because the pain was worth it. I got some valuable time with people that make me smile and laugh!
and the 'pain' was a reminder for me to ask the 'doc'... in the morning... about what I did?
...(I found out what I did - 3-cracked-ribs; and a 'bruised-kidney'!)

Have you ever kept going - even though you've done something bad?



No comments:

Post a Comment